Wanna buy this book? Click through our link to Amazon when purchasing and we get a cut, no extra cost to you. Help keep the content you love on our site free!
For the past thirty-five years, The Boston Consulting Group has been shaping the way business is done the world over, and now, Perspectives on Strategy offers a unique opportunity to acquaint readers with a broad selection of the firm's contributions. A compilation of seventy-five of BCG's most influential articles and thought pieces, this book is an indispensable source of fresh ideas, insights, and practical lessons for managers, executives, and entrepreneurs in every industry. Here is a sampling of what's inside:
* "[Business] competition is a battle royal in which there are many contenders, each of whom must be dealt with individually. Victory, if achieved, is more often won in the mind of a competitor than in the economic arena."
* "The majority of products in most companies are cash traps. . . . [They] are not only worthless, but a perpetual drain on corporate resources."
* "Use more debt than your competition or get out of the business."
* "Displacement of high-cost competitors by lower prices benefits the customer."
* "As a strategic weapon, time is the equivalent of money, productivity, quality, even innovation."
* "When brands become business systems, brand management becomes far too important to leave to the marketing department."
* "The winning organization of the future will look more like a collection of jazz ensembles than a symphony orchestra."
* "Most of our organizations today derive from a model whose original purpose was to control creativity."
* "Dumping should be encouraged. It is a gift from the nation that provides the products."
* "Taxes should be levied when, and only when, individuals disinvest in order to consume. Capital still at work should not be taxed at all."